Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

Introduction Post

Since this is the first post of the blog, I figured we should start slow. 
Introductions, maybe?
"Hi, I'm Kelsey and I listen to a wide variety of music. The main purpose of this website is for me to sort out my complicated music playlists and, hopefully, interest you in some new groups." Or, at least, that's what it says on my About Me page. I'll probably post a few times a week with each post containing one or two song recommendations.
I know what you're thinking - do we really need another stupid teenage girl to make a blog highlighting her unimportant musical tastes? The answer is no. No, we really don't.
But, I'm gonna do it anyway.
I know you've heard it all before - "it's different from what you usually hear" - "it's really obscure stuff" - "it's cool music no one else listens to"  - so I'm not gonna give you any false hope.
Maybe you already use Pandora or Last.fm. Maybe you feel no shame listening to the Top 40's. Maybe you don't really need my insight.
Or, maybe you do.
The songs I'll talk about will probably revolve around a few main genres - indie, rock, folk, electronic, whatever. I aim for newer music (minus the mindless beats and unidentifiable lyrics), although I have nothing against the oldies and may even bring some up in the future.
The whole point is to interest you in something new - new to you, not to the world.
Am I confusing you? Do you want a preview into this blog?
Fine. Here's "Lisztomania" by Phoenix.
Enjoy it or don't - you can't get it right every time. Either way, check back later for more songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment