Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Local Natives - "You and I"

Are you looking for a break-up song? One with deep lyrics that actually make sense to you, a good beat that you can tap your foot to without feeling like you're in a club, and a high-pitched male voice that is definitely not Justin Bieber?
Look no more! I've totally found it!
The song that, amazingly, meets all of my high-standard criteria is "You and I" by Local Natives.
Never heard of Local Natives?
I'll tell you a bit about them.
Already heard of Local Natives? 
I'm still gonna tell you a bit about them.
Local Natives is an indie rock band from Los Angeles. They started out in the UK in 2009 and were finally brought into the US a year later. They're known for their (understated!) pop-y sound and well-developed lyrics (with the occasional "slow song" thrown in here and there).
This song in particular is a mix of break-up cliches ("When did your love grow cold?"; "The closer I get, the farther I have to go") and obscure metaphors ("In all this light, all I feel is dark"; "And I woke up with my green eyes blue"). I guess this pretty much sums up their entire set of songs.
Either way, it's a really great song. I would do one of those "on-a-scale-of-1-to-10" things but it really doesn't matter - I'm not you and I don't know you. There's no guarantees that you'll like it. The only thing that you have is my hope that you will.
So? What are you waiting for? Go ahead and take a chance - click play.

No comments:

Post a Comment