Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Black Keys - "Ten Cent Pistol"

Before even introducing the song, I must first come clean.
I totally didn't mean to talk about this song today.
(Just let that sink in for a second.)
I had a whole different thing planned, but this song has been stuck in my head all day and I need to get it out.
Here, you take it.
It's "Ten Cent Pistol" by The Black Keys, a blues-y rock duo formed in 2001.
The song isn't really even very obscure or strange or unknown. It's one of those songs that tells a story from the first line to the last. It's not very hard to understand the lyrics - it's about a woman who takes revenge on her unfaithful lover and his mistress by using the "ten cent pistol" concoction to burn them (or maybe disfigure them?) horribly.
Ouch. 
Anyway, the guitar work is really great and catchy without giving you a pop-y vibe and the lyrics are easy to follow and sing along to. (Not that I do that.) [Maybe I do. Don't tell anyone.]
Wanna listen to it? Fine. You don't even have to Google it - just hit play.

No comments:

Post a Comment