Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

Arctic Monkeys - "Do I Wanna Know?"

Let me start off by saying this: contrary to popular belief, the Arctic Monkeys is not a new band.
I repeat: the Arctic Monkeys is not a new band.
They were formed in 2002 as an indie rock band (surprise, right?) and released their first album in 2006. I realize that this song has recently came about the radio (originally produced in 2012), so I'm glad if you already know it, but just know that they are not a new band.
(Seriously. They're not.)
Now that that's out of the way, let's talk about the song.
It has a really catchy (not pop-y) beat, which is what attracts listeners nowadays, and the lyrics aren't too deep and metaphorical so it's an easy song to understand. That's probably one of the things people like most about it - no one wants to spend their time deciphering complicated lyrics anymore. It's a relatable song ("Ever thought of calling when you've had a few?"; "Do I wanna know if this feeling flows both ways?") that a lot of people can connect to.
Anyway, I think it's a really great song, and I'm obviously not the only one.
How about you? Are you thinking about joining the fanbase?
Well, try it out, and let me know how you feel.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment