Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Local Natives - "Out Getting Ribs"

So today I'm doing two things that I usually disapprove of.
The first thing: recommending a song from a band that I've recently talked about.
The second? Recommending a cover song.
Don't know what a cover song is? (Are there a lot of bugs under your rock?) I'll tell you.
A cover is when a band or a person or a dog or whatever sings a song that's already published by another band or person or dog or whatever. In this case, Local Natives is covering King Krule's "Out Getting Ribs".
The original song is already pretty good, but the Local Natives cover is just overall...better. Maybe it's because it's more modern, less raw. Maybe it's because the lead singer has less of an accent. (Listen to the original and you'll see what I mean.) They sing it like it's their own, even though we all know it's not.
I guess I can't really talk about the lyrics (hence the reason why I didn't want to discuss a cover song) because, well, it's not a song written by Local Natives.
But listen to it anyway.
Listen to the cover, listen to the original, listen to both. Whatever you decide to do, I hope you don't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment