Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Purity Ring - "Fineshrine"

Remember in my first introduction post when I said that "The songs I'll talk about will probably revolve around a few main genres - indie, rock, folk, electronic, whatever"?
Well, I think I've gotten to indie and rock. Next up is electronic. (We're not going in chronological order, okay?)
Purity Ring is another Canadian band consisting of Megan James (vocals) and Corin Roddick (instrumentals). They're known for their heavy beats, haunting (sometimes creepy) lyrics, and, of course, the lead singer's voice (often described as high-pitched).
Purity Ring is definitely not your average electronic band. For one thing, they actually have lyrics. They are often meaningful and dark. They make you think and consider the purpose of the song.
This song, in particular, opens with "Get a little closer, let fold/Cut open my sternum, and pull/My little ribs around you". (People usually stop here.)
But, if you continue on, you get to the more detailed "That I might see with my chest and sink/Into the edges round you/Into the lakes of quarry's that brink".
Think you understand the song yet?
Need to know the rest of the lyrics to come up with a guess?
Here's the video. Listen to the song and have fun decoding.

No comments:

Post a Comment